Saturday, February 7, 2009

Emptying the Cheek Pouch




On the red line Metro, North Hollywood bound

I had to put two pictures up of this incident, because the close-up doesn't capture the magnitude of the incident, but the wider angle doesn't capture the grossness. I can't even imagine how long it took this person to suck on all those sunflower seeds. They were littering a good portion of the train car. Each shell appeared to be soaked wet with saliva, and they stuck together and to the floor with an astounding cohesion. I had to scoot over to make room for someone, and it was difficult to situate my feet in such a way that I didn't risk getting wet seed shells stuck to them. They wouldn't have been gross if they were dry. I don't understand how they ended up on both sides of the train; they're clearly too wet to slide around.


No comments:

Post a Comment