Friday, February 6, 2009

Guess What Happened to the Moldy Lasagna


Santa Monica, near Gateway, Silverlake

I warned you that there was a lot of puke this week. Somehow it looks even grosser when it's on the grass. The grass should sort of stabilize the unpleasantness of the vomit, but it doesn't it all. It compounds its nastiness. I imagine that the person who discarded his or her lasagna container up the street, stumbled down the hill, grabbing handfuls of leaves and throwing them at the sidewalk, before losing his or her balance, slumping into the grass, and throwing up all the lasagna eaten just moments before. This is what I imagine. Because I like to pretend there's love, even if there's not.

3 comments:

  1. Natters, this is the BEST BLOG EVER!!!!

    by the way, on my way in to Bruno's grocery store i saw some vomit in front of the trash can at the entrance. guess they just couldn't make it to the can in time. looked like refried beans.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think the economy is encouraging people to do some massive binge drinking. On my walk this morning with Peaches I had to finally stop taking pictures of puke. There's just too much of it. We passed at least six piles.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What happens to all of this puke in the rain? Does it just wash away, cleaning the space? Or does it spread, all over the city?

    ReplyDelete