Thursday, January 29, 2009

Splendor-er in the Grass


Monroe, near Lexington, E. Hollywood

This dirty diaper is one of several dozen dirty diapers gracing the lush grass of this vacant lot where I take my dog to run around. Creating and updating this blog has forced me to think quite a bit about humanity. Why are we so filthy? Why are we so careless? Why do we think it's okay to take a pile of dirty diapers and dump it in a vacant lot when there are countless dumpsters in countless alleys throughout the neighborhood? I understand the concept that the lack of ownership creates a lack of care, because if there's no personal investment in a space then the space can--and will--be trashed. I understand the concept but I guess I don't really understand the behavior. Someone will have to one day clean up these dirty diapers. Plus, it's fucking disgusting to watch my dog roll around in your baby's shit before I can catch her.

No comments:

Post a Comment