Friday, January 23, 2009

Puke Wall


Vermont, near Sunset, E. Hollywood

This is actually one of the scenes that inspired me to create this blog. I know that this vomit looks relatively fresh, but would you believe that it's been on this wall for well over a month now, and has changed shape and texture several times? I wouldn't believe it either, but I promise you it's true. It began clumpy. Wet. And carried with it a potent odor. Now, however, the smell has dissipated, and I think the bile has permanently altered the color of this wall of the Children's Hospital. I like that the drunk puked against the wall, where it splattered, then gravity dragged it to the ground where it gathered in a pile against the wall. I hope the person who did this walks by this wall as often as I do, so they can admire their Heraclitean craft. You can never walk past the same pile of vomit twice.


No comments:

Post a Comment