Thursday, January 29, 2009

I See the World Through Pomade Colored Glass


Route 16 Bus, UCR to the Metrolink Station, Riverside

This picture is impressionist. Artsy. You like it, right? It's pleasant. You think, that's pretty. I could look at those bushes for awhile. Normally I would agree with you, if all I'd seen of this was the photograph. But I need to tell you that what you're looking at is not a photoshopped version of a nice Riverside landscape. No. If you look toward the top of the picture you'll see that the image is clear. What the blurry part is is someone's hair grease. Insane amounts of hair grease. Smudged all over the bus window. I tried not to stare at it, but it couldn't be helped. It was so gross, so thick. I would've missed my stop, too, staring at the greasy window, but luckily the woman behind me snapped me out of my reverie by asking me to untie the knot in her dollar store bag so that she wouldn't break her new nails.

1 comment: