Thursday, January 21, 2010

Seven Piles of Gold

Near Sunset Junction, Silver Lake/East Hollywood
(photo courtesy of Sarah Grant)

There are a few of us in the world who are very concerned with what's happening at the Offering Circle these days. Since I no longer live on Lexington near Virgil, I send out scouts to spy on the contents of the Circle. Sarah Grant, who often works on all her smarty-pants anthropology of food scholarly stuff at Intelligentsia, is one such ranger. Unfortunately there were no treats in the Circle the last time she went to check, but she did find this beauty: seven shiny piles of shit. There is so much shit in that neighborhood that I rarely photographed it, but I think this strip of shit-covered grass indeed deserves credit. There's so much shit that at the vanishing point of this scene I believe there is one barely visible tiny pile of shit, marking eternity as refuse.

For any Angelenos who want to check on the Offering Circle, please do and email photos to me at grossstuffinla@gmail.com. The Circle is on the north side of Lexington just west of Virgil in East Hollywood.

No comments:

Post a Comment