Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Pig 'N a Puddle

6th and Grant, Denver

This delicate saucisse was out for a stroll under the winter moonlight, rolling over fresh piles of soft, pristine snow, when it thought it saw from afar a hand to hold (it). As this salchichita approached the buzzing lights of the Blockbuster, it realized what it had seen was only an illusion of hope, of love. Before it could scream, it was grabbed by the glimmering teeth of a Golden Retriever and ripped apart. As it lay dying in an icy patch by the dumpster it thought back on its short but full life, and it regretted only one thing. "I have loved," it thought. "I have laughed. I have gazed upon the lights of a refrigerator, a freezer, and briefly, now, the moon. The only thing I regret is that I never had a chance to feel the cool water of the ocean on my intestine casing. I never learned to swim." Well, little buddy, you're swimming now. You're swimming now.

1 comment:

  1. oh my god...i'm dying! that's some brilliant writing, there. i can't decide if my eyes are watering because this is so hilarious or because i feel an oddly overwhelming sense of poignant sadness for that hot dog.

    ReplyDelete