Thursday, August 20, 2009

Recycling: Fail


I am constantly surprised by how many scenes of discarded clothing we come across in Los Angeles. This pile of unfashionable and moist-looking (didn't touch to confirm dew content) ladystuffs was mere feet from the well-known Offering Circle. Now it's one-stop shopping for sloppy leftover food and padded bras. The previous owner left this mess next to their recycling bin, and I picture them hauling it out to dump into the bin, but then wondering if clothes were even recyclable. Then they realized that there was someone out there, poor and busty, who was in dire need of a bra. Perhaps take the clothes to goodwill (two blocks away) and drop them off? Nah, fuck it, here'll do fine. I would feel a lot better about the large amount of discarded clothing we find if I saw a lot more crazy naked people. Actually, no I wouldn't. (Guest post by Andrew)

No comments:

Post a Comment