Thursday, August 20, 2009

Mystery not-so solved


After nearly a year of wondering who in their not-at-all right mind was dumping their slops into this little cleared circle near our house, I have finally caught them in the act! I always pictured them creeping out in the pre-dawn hours to dump, but I saw an old woman out there around noon, tossing god-knows-what around. But wait, a few days later I saw a different woman brazenly sloshing the nastiness pictured above out of a bucket. There have been a lot of gross finds in the Offering Circle (hereby shortened to the OC), but this one in particular just turned my stomach. Perhaps it was how fresh it all was, or the combination of ingredients: noodles, chocolate eclairs, tortilla chips, wheat buns, unidentifiable bits, or the copious liquid I saw pouring out of the bucket that no picture can capture.

I really want to ask them the obvious "why?", but I already know they'll just say they're feeding the birds. And then I'll have to point out that birds don't normally eat chocolate eclairs, bone chunks, tortilla chips, fettuccine alfredo, etc, etc the list goes on and on. My new mission is to capture one or both of these ladies on camera for you, gentle reader. Neither lady is particularly remarkable, but if you're like us, you feel like you already know them. Or at least what they've been eating recently.
(Guest posted by Andrew)

1 comment:

  1. Guest Post? Can you guys give us your address? We something to send to your daughter.

    Thank you.

    ReplyDelete