Monday, March 1, 2010

Will somebody bury her already?

21st/Stout/Broadway, Denver

There's something horribly, horribly wrong with this Barbie. Last week she was dirty and naked, sure, but this week her proportions are all wrong. Look at her enormous face. Her eye is bigger than her hand, probably even bigger than her feet that have since been ripped off. Someone stole those shiny red Converse hightops I was so admiring last week. They must've found a shoeless Skipper down the street, clean enough to salvage. The snow has melted on the ground around Barbie, but it still clings to her greasy hair. The sash that was lying near her last week is now loosely wound around her torso. But my god, that eye. It will haunt me.

3 comments:

  1. It's a Moxie girl- possibly named Avery. I know this because SG received one as a birthday gift last week and Mr. Tonks and I were very disturbed by her removable feet. Somewhere a little girl is sad.

    ReplyDelete